Monday 30 April 2012

I'm A Sun Warrior!

Got a new protein powder to try!!!!

Any Sun Warriors out there? ;) I tried the vanilla one today (yes this one is chocolate lol I threw the nilla package out before I could take a pic!) Anyways, the verdict? Pretty tasty! I like how the protein base is brown rice protein. It's a nice change from the usual Vega powders.

Getting protein as a Vegan is not too hard, actually. You just have to make smart eating choices & read the nutrition labels. For an extra boost of iron, I'll throw in a handful of spinach too...making it GREEN and MEAN :D

Green, Mean, Protein Smoothie :)

1 medium banana (frozen unless using other frozen fruit or ice)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
1 handful organic spinach
1 scoop or 1 package favourite protein mix
** add in any extra berries or fruit you would like! I love to add blueberries and cherries **

Blend and enjoy!!!

Smoothies are amazing ways to sneak in greens and protein. They also keep me full if I add in protein too. Has anyone ever added KALE to a smoothie? I have once when I ran out of spinach, and it is quite strong! I definitely prefer spinach.

Hope everyone is having a great night! I am off to do some studying.

What did YOU have for a healthy snack today? Did you make a green smoothie?? Lemme know!!!
Night Friends! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment