Friday 27 April 2012

Eating To Live

Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great Friday night so far. Any plans? Just studying for me...sadly! :D


My post tonight is going to be about intuitive eating and all that jazz! Question for ya... do you have certain times you eat at? Or a certain time of day where your stomach is asking for something? I know I do. I usually eat 3 meals a day with 1 snack and dessert. It works for me, maybe not for everyone but I find that if I make my breakfast higher in calories, I am kept fuller longer.


Usually, I will eat oatmeal for breakfast and since oatmeal packs a whopping 8-10 grams of protein (depending on serving & brand) per serving, my stomach stays happy for a few hours. I won't lie though, it is tempting opening the fridge and seeing a batch of yummy vegan cookies calling my name at 10 am... but by practicing intuitive eating, I tell myself that I just had breakfast and I am truly not hungry. If you talk yourself through it, it can help a lot. According to a wikipedia page, If someone has rigid rules for so-called healthy eating, he or she is more likely to succumb to overeating, as a consequence of breaking their well-meaning rules.  


^^This can't be more true. I was once a strict dieter and it doesn't end well at all. There is no way a person can restrict themselves forever. It will most likely end in a binge and major setback (something I will talk about in the future). If you exercise 5 x a week, do some strength training, and make healthy choices, the occasional indulgence is only working on YOUR side. 


Some of my favourite cheats are..... *drumroll* 




     Oh deep fried tofu..... how I love thee.




So what are your favourite indulgence foods? Btw, I indulge everyday! And yes, just like everyone else, I have binged before. Actually a LOT. It's just something you can't beat yourself up over & remind yourself that tomorrow it's a new day <3 YOLO? lol.


Anyways friends, gotta get some studying done. Have a great night! See ya tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the chocolate chip cookies from Liz Lovely? They're vegan, and taste like cookie dough! So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum!! No I haven't tried them but if they taste like cookie dough I definitely will have to! ;)

      Delete